TBO.com: Tampa Bay Online, The Tampa Tribune and The Tampa Times - breaking news and weather.
Friday, Dec 19, 2014

Forecast: Rain on the way for Saturday night

TBO.com staff
Published:   |   Updated: January 11, 2014 at 09:54 AM

View allPage 1 of 2

Page 2 of 2 | View all Previous page

After a warm, cloudy day, a mild cold front will bring rainy weather to the Tampa Bay area Saturday evening, WFLA-TV meteorologists said.

“You definitely won’t need a jacket when you’re stepping out today,” meteorologist Julie Phillips said. “But, we’ll start to see that front bringing us a good chance of rain around dinner time, from 6 to 9 p.m.”

Afternoon highs across the area will be in the high 70s, Phillips said.

Storm chances Saturday night will be highest in northern Hillsborough County and Pasco County, with about a 60 percent chance of rain. Tampa and St. Petersburg will have about a 40 percent chance of rain, Phillips said.

Temperatures will dip into the low 50s overnight, but Sunday will be much more pleasant, with lots of sunshine and temperatures in the low 70s, Phillips said.

View allPage 1 of 2

Page 2 of 2 | View all Previous page

Subscribe to The Tampa Tribune