1. Steinbrenner (8-1-1) – Winners of five straight, the Warriors hold the top seed in the district after topping Alonso 6-0 on Tuesday. The Warriors get another chance at Newsome at the Berkeley Prep Invitational on Friday.
2. Jesuit (7-2-2) – Jesuit’s lone match last week was a 4-1 loss, but it came against Maxpreps.com’s No. 1 team in the nation, Montverde Academy. Jesuit plays Bloomingdale in the opening round of the Berkeley tourney on Friday.
3. Brandon (8-0-1) – The Eagles played a tough King team to a draw last Thursday, but kept their unbeaten streak alive with a 4-0 win against Armwood to improve to 6-0-1 in district play.
4. Newsome (8-3-1) – The Wolves have three players on crutches, including junior midfielder Jacob Van Der Luit, so health is a bit of a concern. The Wolves played to a draw against Durant on Friday before getting back in the win column with a 5-3 district victory against Lakeland Jenkins.
5. Plant (5-2-5) – The Panthers are 5-0-1 in their past six matches and have a district match against Countryside tonight.
On the bubble: Lennard (6-2-2), King (8-3-5) and Sickles (7-4-2)
1. Newsome (13-0) – The Wolves stayed perfect with a 2-1 win against Lakeland Jenkins on Tuesday and close out 2013 with a match against Wharton tonight.
2. Plant City (12-1) – The Raiders won their eighth straight and posted a shutout for the 10th time this season, topping Bloomingdale 2-0 on Tuesday. They travel to East Bay tonight, looking to stay perfect in district play.
3. Steinbrenner (9-3) – The Warriors topped Sickles last week and are 3-1 in district play.
4. Plant (9-3-2) – The Panthers stopped Gaither 3-1 on Tuesday and will host Countryside in the final regular-season district match of the season.
5. Durant (7-3) – The Cougars played tough against Newsome last Friday, falling on a stoppage-time free kick, but returned to their winning ways, topping Riverview 4-0 on Tuesday.
On the bubble: Holy Names (11-1), Robinson (10-3) and Wharton (7-5-4)