1. Newsome (7-2) – The Wolves lost 4-0 to Hillsborough last week and need to get back into the win column. Standing in the way will be Plant (tonight) and Durant (Friday) this week.
2. Steinbrenner (6-1-1) – Since suffering a loss to Newsome, followed immediately by a draw against Plant, the Warriors have won three straight against district opponents, including 3-1 Tuesday against East Lake.
3. Jesuit (7-1-2) – The Tigers stopped district opponents Spoto and Robinson in the past week, the latter clinching the top seed in the district tournament. The Tigers host independent powerhouse Montverde Academy (16-0-1) on Saturday.
4. Brandon (7-0) – The Eagles topped Tampa Bay Tech 4-0 on Tuesday and face a tough challenge tonight at King (7-3-3).
5. Lennard (6-2-1) – The Longhorns followed a win against Tampa Bay Tech last week with a 3-2 loss to district opponent Plant City on Thursday. In a tight district race, Lennard needs to get back on pace against East Bay next week.
On the bubble: Sickles (7-2-1), King (7-3-3), Plant (4-2-4)
1. Newsome (11-0) – The Wolves topped Hillsborough 4-0 in the team’s lone match since Thanksgiving. They will look to stay on top of the Class 5A-District 6 standings Friday at Durant.
2. Plant City (10-1) – The Raiders topped King and Lennard in the past week and have won six straight — all against district opponents.
3. Steinbrenner (8-3) – The Warriors moved to 2-1 in Class 5A-District 7 by defeating East Lake 1-0 on Tuesday night.
4. Academy of the Holy Names (11-0) – The Jaguars got goals from five different players in stopping Bishop McLaughlin 5-0 on Tuesday to remain undefeated.
5. Plant (7-3-2) – The Panthers picked up two solid wins, defeating Wharton 2-1 and cruising past district foe Alonso 5-0.
On the bubble: Durant (6-2), Robinson (9-3), Tampa Prep (7-4), Wharton (5-5-4)