1. Seattle — Marshawn Lynch won’t stop running angry until the NFC’s No. 1 playoff seed is clinched.
2. Denver — Will Peyton Manning’s sore ankle hold up against KC’s stellar pass rush Sunday night?
3 Kansas City — As the Chiefs try to answer their skeptics, questions about Alex Smith persist.
4. New Orleans — Drew Brees is rolling, but the Saints won’t churn out 40 first downs vs. San Francisco.
5. Carolina — This surging defense is built in Ron Rivera’s image – tough, physical and aggressive.
6. Indianapolis — Not much time to recover from Sunday’s clunker.
7. San Francisco — Make that two home losses in which they’ve been whipped physically.
8. New England — Tom Brady had better tighten up that chinstrap in Charlotte.
9. Detroit — The resourceful Lions suddenly lead the jumbled NFC North.
10. Cincinnati — They tend to go as QB Andy Dalton goes. Right now, they’re going nowhere.
11. Chicago — Treading water won’t get it done as injuries continue to mount.
12. Green Bay — Survival instincts need to kick in while Aaron Rodgers is on the mend.
13. Arizona — Have placed themselves in position to make some noise in the wild-card chase.
14. New York Jets — Every time you think they’re out, Ryan’s overachievers pull you back in.
15. Philadelphia — Nick Foles has come to the rescue to provide stability under center.
16. Dallas — Staring to realize they will have to win the 41-38 games down the stretch.
17. Baltimore — Still can’t run the ball, but they’re hardly out of postseason contention.
18. Tennessee — Upsetting the Colts Thursday night would be huge.
19. San Diego — Just not good enough to beat the big boys in the AFC West.
20. New York Giants — This battered defense is starting to show some pride.
21. St. Louis — Let’s be honest, not even Jeff Fisher saw that beatdown of the Colts coming.
22. Cleveland — A victory in Cincinnati would keep their playoff hopes alive.
23. Miami — An offensive line in turmoil looms as a disaster.
24. Pittsburgh — Might as well play the youngsters the rest of the way.
25. Washington — Need more spending on defense in the nation’s capital.
26. Oakland — Jon Gruden would be greeted with trumpets if he returned to the East Bay.
27. Buffalo — How can a franchise be so irrelevant for so long?
28. Atlanta — Mike Smith isn’t going anywhere ... and neither is his football team.
29. Houston — Lost seven of first nine, and their identity along the way.
30. Minnesota — Christian Ponder to Vikes: Tap the brakes on that quarterback search.
31. Tampa Bay — Several players are vowing it’s payback time against the Falcons.
32. Jacksonville — Rookie head coach Gus Bradley gets off the schneid.