Happy 20th birthday, TBO.com! Here is the logo at launch in 1994.
Monday, Sep 01, 2014

Officials: Man in Dunedin burned in possible explosion


Published:

A man sustained multiple burns after a possible explosion Tuesday in Dunedin, fire officials said.

The fire started when the man put gas on a chimney, the Dunedin Fire Department said in a news release.

Firefighters were called and reported that the fire was contained.

The man, who is about 40 years old, was transported by Bayfite to Tampa General Hospital for treatment, the fire department said.

The address was not released by the fire department. According to the Pinellas County 911 Twitter account, an explosion call was received at 12:41 p.m. at 719 Beltrees St., Dunedin.

No other information was available.

Stay with TBO.com for updates.

Subscribe to The St. Petersburg Tribune

Comments