Saturday, Dec 20, 2014

Tarpon Springs restaurant destroyed by fire staff
Published:   |   Updated: July 8, 2014 at 11:10 PM

View allPage 1 of 2

Page 2 of 2 | View all Previous page

A two-alarm fire destroyed a popular Tarpon Springs restaurant Tuesday night, fire officials said.

Multiple fire units were called at 6:01 p.m. to the Tap House Bar and Grill, 701 Pinellas Ave., fire officials said.

“The building was a total loss,” Tarpon Springs Fire Department Deputy Chief Scott Young said.

There were no injuries in the fire, which occurred while the business was open and operating. It took firefighters 2½ hours to put out the fire, Young said.

The fire was contained to the business, he said.

Tarpon Springs Fire Department was assisted by firefighters from East Lake Fire Department, Clearwater Fire Department, Dunedin Fire Department, Palm Harbor Fire Department and Safety Harbor Fire Department, Young said.

There is no known cause of the fire at this time. Fire investigators with the Tarpon Springs Fire Department will investigate, Young said.

View allPage 1 of 2

Page 2 of 2 | View all Previous page

Subscribe to The St. Petersburg Tribune