Hillsborough County deputies warned residents Wednesday about the dangers of celebratory gunfire after a bullet pierced the bathroom ceiling of a Seffner mobile home during New Year’s Eve.
At 9:21 a.m. Wednesday, a woman called the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office reporting there was a small hole in her bathroom ceiling. The woman, who was not identified, said she believed the hole had been caused by either fireworks or a stray bullet.
A deputy found a .45-caliber shell casing in the bathroom. No one was injured during the incident.
Deputies said the damage was apparently caused by a bullet that was shot into the air and was not intentional. The mobile home is located at 321 Magnolia Lane in Seffner within the Davpam mobile home community.