TBO.com, The Tampa Tribune and The Tampa Times - breaking news and weather
Friday, Aug 01, 2014
Local News

Tampa adult facility evacuated because of fire

Tribune staff
Published:   |   Updated: March 13, 2013 at 09:53 AM

An adult community facility had to be evacuated after a two-alarm fire this afternoon, Tampa Fire Rescue said.

The fire was reported about 12:35 p.m. at 4815 N. Macdill Ave. N. Heavy smoke was coming out of an apartment.

The blaze was quickly extinguished, fire officials said. The cause was determined to be a small child who was trying to light the candles near a prayer area of his grandmother's home.

The resident will be staying with family.

Damage estimates were not yet available, fire officials said.

Comments