A mother, her four children and another adult escaped without injury from a fire that destroyed a mobile home in Seffner this morning, Hillsbourough Fire Rescue said.
Crews arrived on the scene at Twin Palms Mobile Home Park to find the single-wide mobile home completely engulfed in flames. A propane tank next to the home exploded as firefighters worked to put out the flames, but damage was contained to only the original home, Fire Rescue said.
The family woke to the smell of smoke after the fire started in the living room, but the mobile home did not have functioning smoke alarms, firefighters said.
WFLA identified the mother as Jessica Muck.
"My head was right at the edge of my bed, and the fire was like right there all around the table, in between the couch and bed. And then it started going all up the walls," she told the television station.
"I went and got the kids and made sure all of them got out, and the house just went up in flames, and I just lost everything.”