Hulk Hogan has settled his lawsuit against radio personality Bubba the Love Sponge Clem over a video showing the pro wrestler having sex with Clem's ex-wife, Heather Cole.
According to a news release from Hogan's publicity firm, E.J. Media Group, terms of the settlement are confidential.
The suit, filed in state court, accused Clem of making the 2006 video. The suit said that Hogan wasn't aware he was being recorded and that the video diminished his value.
Following the settlement, Clem issued a public apology on his radio show Monday in which the shock jock said Hogan was unaware he was being recorded and had no role in the video's public release.
Clem is to also read the apology twice on today's show.
A segment of the video was recently posted on gossip website Gawker.com, which has refused to remove it.
Hogan still has a $100 million lawsuit against the website's owner, Gawker Media, in federal court. That suit was filed in Tampa.
Last week, a Hillsborough County judge denied Hogan's request for a temporary restraining order that would have forced removal of the video from the site until a Nov. 8 hearing.
Hogan, 59, a Clearwater Beach resident whose real name is Terry Bollea, also has a suit pending against Heather Cole in state court.
Both suits seek damages for invasion of privacy and related claims in connection with the video.
Clem's public apology comes after he told his radio audience Hogan may have played a role in leaking the video.
Clem also ripped Hogan for regularly calling the show in the past to air dirty laundry related to his divorce and a car crash involving his son.
In Monday's apology, Clem said that "regrettably, when Hulk filed his lawsuit I instinctively went on the offensive." He also said he was committed to helping find who was responsible for releasing the video.
In the apology, Clem also said, "The things that I said about Hulk and his children were not true. I was wrong and I am deeply sorry for my reaction, and for the additional pain that it caused Hulk and his children on top of the pain that they already were feeling from having learned that Hulk was taped without his knowledge, and the public release of the video."
Hogan announced he was taking legal action Oct. 15 during a news conference in Tampa.
At the news conference, his attorneys called the recording and its release an attempt to destroy Hogan's life.
"Mr. Bollea is pleased that Mr. Clem finally stated the truth and apologized for his false statements," David Houston, one of Hogan's attorneys, said in the news release.