A fire at a Sulphur Springs house, 24 hours after a fire at a neighboring house was ruled an arson, was caused by an accidental electrical malfunction, investigators say.
The fire, at 8408 N. Brooks St., coincidentally occurred a day after another fire that was deliberately set next door, 8410 N. Brooks St., according to investigators.
Both houses were unoccupied, investigators say.
Thursday just before midnight, firefighters called to the fire 8408 N. Brooks St. found flames and smoke coming from the front of the home.
Firefighers brought the fire under control in less than 15 minutes, and the house sustained more than $15,000 in damage.
No injuries were reported.
Anyone with information is asked to contact (813) 276-3232.