A grease fire late this afternoon has shut down a Denny’s Restaurant in Tampa, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.
There were no injuries in the 5:45 p.m. fire at Denny’s, located at 2004 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa.
More than a dozen firefighters responded to the restaurant and some went to the roof to help put out the fire. The fire was brought under control in 15 minutes.
Employees and customers were evacuated before firefighters arrived on the scene, the fire department said.
Employees told firefighters that a grease fire started in the kitchen.
Fire investigators determined that the fire began in a grease hood. The fire spread through the duct work and then vented onto the roof, the fire department said.
Although the restaurant sustained minor interior damage, the location will remain closed.