An electrical fire damaged an apartment Thursday night and displaced one family, Tampa Fire Rescue said.
Just after 9 p.m., firefighters responded to a call at 2901 Pentagon Court, Apt. 2101.
The first-floor fire started because of an electrical malfunction in a wall unit air conditioner. The fire caused $6,000 in property damage, the fire department said.
A total of 27 firefighters responded and contained the fire where it started. It was under control in 15 minutes, the fire department said.
There were no injuries. The occupants of the three-story apartment building had evacuated before firefighters arrived.
The family of four living in the first-floor unit (a couple plus a one-year-old and a one-month-old) were displaced. The American Red Cross is assisting the family with temporary housing.