Are you making your list and checking it twice? If you're not checking these Black Friday sale sites, you're doing it all wrong.
Waiting until the day the ads come out is for suckers. You don't want to be behind the eight ball when it comes time to finding the best deal on that coveted HDTV.
With one of the biggest shopping days of the year just around the corner, we've started a "Countdown to Black Friday." Everyday, you'll find five helpful tips on a topic related to Black Friday on TBO.com, from top toys to electronics buying guidelines to suiting up for battle on the big day.
To kick off our countdown, we offer five websites to help you prepare.
Check these sites for an early heads-up on what the stores will be offering deep discounts on this shopping holiday.
1. Gottadeal.com: This site posts "leaked" Black Friday ads and pre-Black Friday sales ads. Sign up to get email alerts when new ads are posted. The blog-like format also offers tips and speculation about what's in store for shoppers this season at favorite retailers. A sophisticated search engine allows you to filter by product type and mail-in rebates.
2. Bfads.net: Followers of this Black Friday leaked-ads blog can show their fanaticism by purchasing Black Friday 2011 t-shirts made just for the occasion. Proceeds benefit a variety of charities. Take a picture of yourself in front of your favorite store wearing the shirt and you could win a gift card or other goodies.
3. Amazon.com/Black-Friday: Want to get the shopping-frenzy deals from the comfort of your couch? Amazon promises discounts comparable to what you'd find battling the crowds. Go high tech with the Amazon Deals iPhone app or install the browser bar so you can be alerted to Gold Box and Lightning Deals while you're browsing Facebook.
4. Blackfriday.info: This page has many of the same ads as the other big Black Friday sites, but also a charming little history of how this whole thing started. The newsy, conversational blog style is entertaining as you scroll the site to seek early deals leading up to the big day.
5. Iheartcvs.com/Iheartwags.com: If past seasons are any indication, drug stores will want to get you through their doors on the holiday. Check Iheartcvs.com and Iheartwags.com the day before for Thursday-only super deals and freebie stocking stuffers you can run out and get in between basting your turkey and mashing your potatoes.
Check back everyday on TBO.com over the next two weeks to follow our "Countdown to Black Friday" features. Tomorrow we present five quirky stores you shouldn't pass up this year.