TBO.com: Tampa Bay Online, The Tampa Tribune and The Tampa Times - breaking news and weather.
Monday, Sep 01, 2014
Local Breaking News

Palm River store evacuated after kitchen fire


Published:   |   Updated: May 22, 2014 at 12:53 PM

A firefighter sustained minor injuries in a kitchen fire today at a Winn-Dixie in Palm River.

According to Hillsborough County Fire Rescue, the fire was caused by grease from a commercial chicken rotisserie oven at the store, at 7851 Palm River Road.

The store manager safely evacuated all customers and employees from the store, and a firefighter suffered minor injuries and was hospitalized for evaluation, officials say.

The fire was contained to the kitchen area, officials say.

The store is again open, officials say.

Subscribe to The Tampa Tribune

Comments