TBO.com: Tampa Bay Online, The Tampa Tribune and The Tampa Times - breaking news and weather.
Monday, Dec 22, 2014
Local Breaking News

Grease fire destroys Ruskin home

TBO.com staff
Published:

View allPage 1 of 2

Page 2 of 2 | View all Previous page

Unattended grease on a stove is being cited for a fire that destroyed a Ruskin home Sunday night.

Hillsborough County firefighters, responding around 11:30 p.m. to 1302 Sweeney Drive, found the home fully engulfed in flames, eventually collapsing.

All residents had evacuated prior to the crews’ arrival, and no injuries were reported, officials say.

The American Red Cross will assist the displaced residents, officials say.

Investigators say the fire was caused by grease left unattended on a stove.

View allPage 1 of 2

Page 2 of 2 | View all Previous page

Subscribe to The Tampa Tribune

Comments