TBO.com: Tampa Bay Online, The Tampa Tribune and The Tampa Times - breaking news and weather.
Saturday, Dec 20, 2014
Local Breaking News

Candle sparks fire in Northdale house

TBO.com staff
Published:   |   Updated: January 21, 2014 at 07:16 AM

View allPage 1 of 2

Page 2 of 2 | View all Previous page

A burning candle is cited as the cause of a fire that was safely extinguished at a Northdale home early this morning.

Multiple crews, arriving at 16416 Lake Heather Drive, found the resident and a neighbor put out the fire with a hose and fire extinguisher.

The fire was contained to the living room and no injuries were reported, fire officials said.

According to the National Fire Protection Association, an estimated 11,640 home fires were started by candles from 2006-10, cauing 126 deaths and $438 million in danage.

View allPage 1 of 2

Page 2 of 2 | View all Previous page

Subscribe to The Tampa Tribune

Comments