TBO.com, The Tampa Tribune and The Tampa Times - breaking news and weather
Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014
Health & Fitness

Police: 2 dead from carbon monoxide in Saginaw

Published:   |   Updated: July 17, 2014 at 07:23 AM

SAGINAW, Mich. (AP) Police say two people have died of carbon monoxide poisoning at a Saginaw home.

A Saginaw police detective says autopsies were performed Wednesday on 54-year-old Yvonne Mallett and 58-year-old Napoleon Buford Jr. Police found Mallett dead in a bedroom and Buford dead in a bathroom Monday night. They determined no foul play had occurred.

The source of the carbon monoxide hasn't been identified. Police say the house smelled of gasoline.

A city inspector tells the Saginaw News that the city issued violations in March to the owner and previous owner of the north side house. Violations included a furnace not working, electrical outlet issues, missing smoke detectors and an extension cord problem.

The inspector says the city condemned the building on April 1.

Comments