TAMPA HEIGHTS — The historical Tampa Heights Methodist Church was transformed into Sanctuary Lofts, with loft apartments and offices, nearly a decade ago.
The church, also known as Tyer Temple, was built in 1911 in Greek revival style. Some of the city’s early pioneers and prominent families filled its pews.
The church, at 502 E. Ross Ave., is shown here in a 1923 photograph.
The renovation into Sanctuary Lofts, by Atelier Architecture, won a design award in 2004 from the city-county Planning Commission.