The Rays on Wednesday rolled out details of their 20th anniversary season, embracing their Devil Rays past and several key players from that era with throwback jerseys and bobbleheads among a long list of promotions.
Also, they will be offering 20th anniversary-themed ticket specials and an exclusive line of merchandise, and will sport a sleeve patch with the 20th anniversary logo.
Among the highlights:
* For four games the Rays will wear wear white throwback Devil Rays jerseys with the original multi-color design: March 31, June 9, June 23, Sept. 8.
* Bobblehead giveaways include Carl Crawford April 14, Fred McGriff and Tino Martinez June 9, Akinori Iwamura Aug, 4, Wade Boggs Aug. 25, Dan Johnson Sept. 29.
* The 20th anniversary patch will appear on the left sleeve of all their regular season jersey combinations and on the right side of their caps.
* There will be celebrations of the 1998 inaugural team on March 31 and the 2008 AL champion team on Aug. 4
* On opening day, fans will receive a 20th anniversary cowbell.
* A 2-for-$20 ticket special for the party deck will be offered for half the home games, and $20 each for the other half.
* Also, the Rays say they are investing $4-million in upgrading the food, beverage and retail experience at the Trop in partnership with new concessionaire Levy. That includes adding food halls to the first and third base concourses and a reinvention of the menu, including a Reuben Cuban sandwich.